We moved to Leyland in the late 1990s. Although a modern town, there is plenty of local history to find.
- A Walk Along Golden Hill Lane
- A Walk Along Chapel Brow
- A Walk Along Hough Lane & Towngate
- A Walk Along Sandy Lane
- A Walk Along Cow Lane
- A Walk Along Fox Lane
- A Walk Along Church Road (due soon)
- A Walk Around Worden Park
- A Walk Along Worden Lane
- A Walk Along St Andrew’s Churchyard (due soon)
- Leyland Well & Drinking Fountain
- The Worden Park Obelisk (now at Churchtown)
- Preston & Walton Summit Tramway
- Lucas Green Bofors Gun
- Leyland Anti-aircraft Guns
- Tank Factory Test Track
There is also plenty of history to be found in the surrounding area.
- Darwen Tramways Department
- Preston Workers’ Memorial
- A Leeds & Liverpool Canal (due later 2021)
- A Walk Along The Lancaster Canal
My thanks to all those people and organisations that have provided information, knowingly or otherwise, to help me put my pages together. Any mistakes and inaccuracies are almost certainly of my own making. Dr David Hunt from the South Ribble Museum & Exhibition Centre on Church Road, The Leyland Historical Society web pages, Historic England, and Lancashire Past.