Ambrye Meadow Fence Posts
At Moss Side and to the west of Schleswig Way, the B5253, at OS grid reference SD 52327 21226 are the remains of 38 stone fence posts running north-west between The River Lostock and Wade Brook. They stand in the old water meadow known as Ambrye Meadow.
Thought to date back to around 1785 the sandstone posts were used to divide the meadow into three parcels of land.
More information can be found here: http://lancs99.blogspot.com/2006/11/ambrye-meadow-field-stones.html